Workshops for Clinicians
For over 25 years, Dr. Wagner has received consistently outstanding reviews at her workshops for therapists and other health care professionals.
NOW AVAILABLE ON-SITE OR WORLDWIDE VIA VIDEOCONFERENCING through Webex
About Dr. Wagner’s Workshops for Clinicians
Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health problem in children and adolescents, affecting about 13% or 6.5 million youngsters. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) can help as many as 80% of these children successfully overcome OCD and anxiety. However, it is estimated that the majority of anxious children do not receive CBT, due in part to a significant shortage of clinicians with expertise in CBT with youngsters. Clinicians often find it difficult to access in-depth clinical training in CBT.
Dr. Wagner’s workshops are designed to provide training and consultation in the application of CBT for OCD and anxiety disorders in-person and via teletherapy. Participants will learn empirically-sound, developmentally sensitive, appealing and practical CBT approaches that are feasible in clinical settings and designed to optimize motivation and treatment compliance in children and adolescents. Strategies for building treatment-readiness, collaborating with parents, managing anxiety in school, working with reluctant children, relapse prevention, and challenges in treatment will be covered. Participants should be familiar with diagnosing anxiety in children and adolescents and should have at least Master’s level training and be licensed to practice in a mental health profession.
*These workshops are not designed for parents or those who are primarily interested in applying CBT in the classroom (see Workshops for Parents and Workshops for School Professionals).
Workshop length: Choose from 6 hours, 9 hours or 12 hours of instruction time, spaced over 1 or 2 (or multiple days/weeks for videoconference workshops).
Level: Can tailored to participants at a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced level. (For groups with mixed expertise, the general presentation is at the Intermediate level).
Format: View slides as Dr. Wagner teaches, follow along with detailed handouts, and participate in real-time Q & A. Case studies and discussion will augment didactic presentation in helping participants learn to develop creative and specific treatment plans.
For more information on the following workshops:
CBT for Anxiety in Children and Teens, please click here.
CBT for OCD in Children and Teens, please click here.
CBT for Anxiety and OCD in Children and Teens, please click here.
Comments from participants at Dr. Wagner’s Workshops for Clinicians
- Dr. Wagner was extremely well prepared, articulate and organized. Her materials were excellent.
- Very organized, “real world” applicability. The feel was unexpectedly terrific.
- I really liked the quality and pace of the workshop: A lot of information presenting in an interesting, well-organized way.
- I love the Worry Hill metaphor and the whole treatment approach.
- This was excellent! Please, can we have a full day (or more if needed) course by Dr. Wagner to train CBT practitioners to work with children with CBT.
- Very informative and useful, especially the explanation of CBT and the Worry Hill idea.
- Excellent presenter. I learned how to develop specific hierarchies for OCD and anxiety
- The workshop was wonderfully complete and detailed. It was a great learning experience.
- The workshop was great. I would definitely take an advanced workshop with Dr. Wagner.
- An excellent speaker, very knowledgeable. I liked the video clips—helpful way to learn.
- Well organized, informative, met goals, use of video clips—Dr. Wagner was a very good presenter!
- Dr. Wagner’s skill and knowledge were terrific. She clearly knew the material and made things very interesting as well.
- The level of the presentation was described accurately in the brochure and maintained very well in the workshop. Dr. Wagner was superb, expert, prepared and accessible.
Contact Dr. Wagner to discuss your workshop goals, duration and frequency of sessions, and fees. email@example.com
See Dr. Wagner’s Past Workshops here: Workshops for Clinicians
Psychologists, Washington, DC
Professionals, Charleston, SC
Professionals, San Francisco, CA
Professionals, Seattle, WA